Sunday, October 11, 2009

army wives season 4

Terry Serpico: just thrilled to death ... First of all, we get our scripts for the current year (laughs). This was a problem last year. And that was such a juicy things about Frank and Denise to meet ... Over the past two years as a recurring guest on the show I was actually quite busy, but it is a tactic seen in this season was a true statement that I will respect my work and what part we played the show. The opportunity to deal with a marriage that is an example of how difficult relationships are in the military was a real thrill for me. To be able to bring that to life…It's an extraordinarily difficult lifestyle on the families and it's very hard to maintain viable relationships in that kind of environment so to get the opportunity to play that was a real thrill.
Terry Serpico: I would have to agree with you – I think that's a good assessment – Frank does indeed play his card very close to his chest, and I'm glad you recognize that he's an emotional person. He's very black and white. There's a distinct personality type that joins the military and that wants to make the military a career, as Frank desperately does. That personality type is generally not an emotionally demonstrative person but let's not forget that Frank is just totally in love with his wife. His sense of duty and honor to the military is surpassed only by his sense of duty and honor to his family. I think Frank is a bit of an interesting character for television because you do get this sense of his code of honor, of his sense of decorum and protocol, but by the same token he can be very emotional and very loving. I think that's something that is lost as people interpret Frank. They don't read between the lines, they don't see past his gruff exterior and lose sight of the fact that he is a deeply sensitive person who so very much loves his family.
Al Norton: One of my favorite things about the writing on the show, and to be honest, the way you play Frank, is that the little things are done right. There was a scene early this season where Frank and Jeremy are talking and Jeremy says something disrespectful about his Mother and Frank just snaps at him, saying, basically, "I don't care what's going on with us, you don't talk Terry Serpico: What a thrill for me that that's a scene that stood out to you; that's one of my favorites from the season as well, I think because to a great degree I could hear my Father's own voice in that scene. My Father was a 26 year Army veteran, retired a full Colonel in the US Army. He was a hardass Army officer, and ironically enough is name is Frank. I am very much playing my Father and in that scene specifically I felt like I could here his voice saying, "regardless of what has happened you will respect your Mother, do you understand me?" about your Mother that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment